Monday, June 6, 2011

A view you'll need

2a) Thinking in Pictures and The Way I see it by Temple Grandin

A lot of what you will read when reading up on autism and treatments will be written by experts. Experts that is...who have never in their life been autistic, and can only provide the accumulative knowledge of observation, not introspection. If your child is autistic, I highly recommend reading these books, because Temple Grandin is autistic, and she is a phenomenal, brilliant scientist. Her insight has more to say than any so called expert. She has walked the walk! I was so much in awe of what she wrote, and it helped me see my own son in a very different light.


Here are the links to buy the book, or check it out at your local library.

The Way I See It!

Thinking In Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment