Monday, June 6, 2011

Micah's mini lecture

After six months of trying to find Ezra a school, we've finally found one that is at least willing to see Ezra in person (rather than making all sorts of assumptions based on the label of autism and a low IQ test score). I really hope it works out for Ezra. Anyway, he's very excited to go. His 3 year old brother Micah who has been going to a Dutch playgroup every morning for a year had some words of advice for him.

Micah: You gotta learn friends, Ezra.
Ezra: No, you have to learn friends.
Micah: No, I'm not autistic. You are, and you gotta learn friends. You gotta learn to calm down. And you gotta look in the eyes VEEERY slowly. And when you say something, you gotta say it in Dutch, 'cause kids speak only Dutch here. No one will understand English.

I LOVE IT! Micah totally gets all the things we keep on teaching Ezra. When I look at him he says: good job looking in my eyes mom.

PS: By the way this is a word for word rendition.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I'm lucky to get 2 seconds of eye contact with my boy. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo cute!!! That brought a tear to my eye.I hope all goes well for Ezra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Micah's advice for Ezra. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete