Everything is fried in our house these days. My nerves, our food, and our electricity. So I was planning on keeping you all updated on how my picky eater battle is going (or should I call it turning picky eaters into veggie fanatics?), and then our DSL got fried because of some electrical problem, as did our nightstand lamps, alarmclocks, curling iron, and power cord. It's very annoying. So now, I have no internet access and am afraid to use the computer at home, because I don't want it to fry. Here I am at my work desk then writing this brief update.
It is getting harder on me. I'm anxious for them to eat the good nutrition so we can just move on and I can introduce dairy and nuts again. Imagine that. 9 days into the diet and I'm thinking about introducing the foods they had to avoid: eggs, nuts, and dairy. They are already getting some scrambled eggyolks for breakfast, and seem to do fine with them. That's the thought that keeps me going. They will be able to eat more food. Not less. Although in the meanwhile I still feel like I'm starving them, because Ezra refuses to eat some things. Here's a funny little conversation from yesterday after dinner.
Me: Mom, I feel like I'm starving my kids.
Granny: Well you are.
Me: Ugh, I'm no better than a Nazi.
Granny: No, no. You're doing it for a good reason.
I can't tell you how helpful it is to have Aaron's cooperation. The dinner tantrums continue. They are loud, desperate struggles to control what they eat. With Aaron and I both not backing down, they eventually do actually eat what we give them, even if it isn't as much as we would like. I was so worried that they aren't getting enough food, until I realized that Micah has gained 3 lbs since being on this diet, and his previous digestion which ranged between severely constipated and diahrrea has now become normal. It's working!!! I on the other hand have lost 9 lbs in the last 8 days. So it's working for everyone. Even with the little bit that the kids are eating, they are getting more nutrient and calorie dense food than ever before. I try to remember that when Ezra is screaming and pinching. And I put carrots, sausage patties, sauerkraut, applesauce and a thermos with beef broth in his lunchbag yesterday, and he ate it all up.
OK, I would make this longer, but I have to actually work now.
Yeah!!! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete