So we moved into our house on Tuesday. It is really large, has a bathroom and a huge bedroom on the bottom floor, and cost less than all the other houses we looked at. It also has a large garden and great closet spaces. That said, everything else blows for the moment. Almost everything needs fixing. Looks can be so deceiving. Then the day we moved in I got really, really sick. In German we call it Angina, which is a very painful infection of the throat. I wonder if that's the same as strep throat. It was probably one of the worst days I've had. It was miserably hot, 32 degrees celsius, no fans, no a/c, just lying in a pile of boxes in our messy, filthy house. The owners said they would have it cleaned but they didn't (for years I think). After only one hour barefoot on our floors the kids feet looked liked we had sent them working in a coal mine. Then on top of that, because of the exchange rate from dollar to Euro being so crappy, we were several thousand dollars short on our budget. Here in Holland you have to pay cash everywhere or use the pin card you get from your bank, which we did get on Friday, but Aaron doesn't get paid until he gets his soffit number, which he hasn't yet. So here we are, almost no food, can't go shopping because I'm so sick, pinching pennies in a house that needs fixing and cleaning, Aaron having to work all day, while I'm in so much pain that I can't eat, drink, or swallow, and the kids are so bored, they're jumping on me (really actually jumping, not just figuratively speaking), and of course screaming MOOOMMMMY, MOOOMMMMMY every 4 seconds. If you think I'm exaggerating...I'm really not. I know all kids can get like that but Ezra is like that all the time, because of his handicap, and Micah copies him. Anyway, I'm counting on 2 Nephi 2:2 The Lord will consecrate thine affliction for thy gain.
Well I survived. Feeling better now. I managed to go shopping and clean the upstairs a bit, and get almost everything unpacked. We still need to buy a closet to put our clothes in and we will probably hire a professional cleaner to come clean the years of grime off our floor with some high pressured fancy cleaning device.
Vanessa! I am so sorry! Having to go through all that in the first place is difficult, but being sick on top of it all is just terrible. I wish I could do something for you or be there to help out. What a challenge. Thanks for keeping us updated. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete