So much to report. First off, we finally decided on a house. It is ugly from the outside. A cubicle. In fact, I think our car a Scion XB next to our house might look quite comical. People might get the wrong impression that we like boxy. We wanted to pick the house in Eersel so badly with it's sun room addition, beautiful garden, quiet surroundings and 220 m2. Eersel is a quaint village 12 minutes drive South of Eindhoven. It is surrounded by trees. The cobble stoned streets are lined with little brick buildings, with proudly manicured gardens. Tables and chairs invite visitors to sit and enjoy a coffee in the main street. But I just couldn't really go with it. The agent reassured us there were lots of expatriates living in Eersel, and young families but the three times I drove through the town all I saw was senior citizens with their walkers. A poll of random people on the Genneper Parken Playground resulted in 100% confirmation of my suspicion that people who are born in Eersel don't move away and tend to be close minded and it is hard to get integrated. The deciding factor was taking my kids to the playground close to the house. I don't know who designed it, but they must have worked for the army boot camp. No toddler should be allowed on a slippery iron log contraption with no railings. Micah hurt himself. So we chose the cubicle in Best. It gets my creative juices flowing. The garden will be splendid once it's emptied of all the junk. It's right next to the train station, and it will cost us 400 Euros less than we planned which means that we'll have 14400 Euros over the next three 3 years to pay towards our student loans instead. Hurray!
Anyway, this was meant to be a much longer insert, but I got chatting with my friend instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment