Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fun dialogue today

Today was a gorgeous, sunny September Saturday. In a country where the sun doesn't shine very often I feel obliged to get out and do something when it's not cloudy or raining. Today was one of the first and only days that would be sunny and above 25 degrees Celsius. Naturally beach was my first choice. I find that often I am the one who has to come up with plans. Aaron claims that's because I'm never content with his, so he gave up and just lets me plan.
Aaron tends to be pretty tired and slightly out of humor on Saturday mornings. So after all breakfast demands had been met, Aaron disappeared back upstairs. I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to do with our day, as he would be sleeping for a while. So I asked Ezra and Micah what they felt like. This was our conversation.

Me: Ezra, what would you like to do today?
Ezra: Eat an apple.
Me: OK, and after you eat an apple what do you want to do?
Ezra: Eat a banana.
Me: OK, and after you eat a banana?
Ezra: Eat a Kiwi.
Me: (getting into the game) OK, and after you eat a Kiwi?
Ezra: (grinning)  uhm,...eat an orange.
Me: OK, now seriously Ezra, what do you want to do today?!
Ezra: Mom, I just want to eat all day.
Me: Oh, never mind! You're no help. Micah, what do you want to do today?
Micah: I just want to stay inside and wear my jamis.
Me: Daddy's boy! You don't want to go to the beach?
Micah: No, I think I'll just stay home and clean the floors for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment