Friday, March 19, 2010

Delicious Turkey Salad

Another surprising taste jackpot, that came together unintentionally. I made it because the ingredients are approved on my diet, but it is so tasty, I might consider it for a starter salad in a holiday dinner (or just a light lunch, although if I was serving this to company I would add oil) . This serving size makes one portion.

20 g fresh spinach leaves
1 ripe tomato cubed
100g turkey breast, sliced thin and rolled up
150 grams thinly sliced, sweet, firm apple
fresh parsley and basil

Dressing:
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Stevia to sweeten
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar

Toss and serve. This delicious salad has only 214 calories (31 carbs, 2 grams fat, 19 grams protein)

OK, so I wrote this recipe down and planned to post it last night, but happened to watch Julie and Julia first. Not so sure I want to post it anymore, after watching all that delicious french food with white flour, butter and cheese. This recipe seems pathetically healthy. I'll guess I'll post it anyways just in case you would like to eat lots of delicious fattening foods, but have done so for too long and have to come up with tasty food that doesn't make you fat.

1 comment:

  1. i went out to dinner last night and the food was very heavy on the cream - i did not care for it - i was hoping for more light and fresh - salad would have been more my style - so that when i got to the dessert and that's a heavier ticket item - i wouldn't mind so much.

    ReplyDelete