The kids favorite movie right now is The Incredibles. Ezra loves naming all the machines he sees in it, and is most excited about anything that shows an elevator. My favorite part however is watching Micah crack up at Mr.Incredible's very short insurance boss, when he stomps around him saying "I'm NOT happy, Bob". I have no idea why he thinks it so funny, but he goes around saying "I'm not happy" complete with dramatic pause and exclamation, with a big impish grin on his face that stands in perfect contradiction to his words. Mom and I couldn't get enough of hearing him say it, especially at the table. This is probably one of those things I'll look back on and think I should have gone for good parenting instead of entertainment. When we're eating, I'll ask him: how is your food Micah?, and he'll answer "I'm NOT happy". Mom and I can't stop laughing which only encourages him of course. "What, you don't like your food?"
"Micah, not happy!"
Before they took to The Incredibles M and E were on a Little Einsteins kick. Each show ends with little Leo exclaiming: "See you on your next mission!". Ezra has come to think these are the customary parting words for when someone leaves your sight. ONe day we were on the fourth floor of C&A in the children's department shopping for jeans. While I was looking through the racks, he played next to the elevator. When the door opened and a lady with stroller went in, he shouted at full volume: "see you on your next mission".
that's hilarious :)
ReplyDelete