Monday, November 15, 2010

First day of computer in moderation

Not bad for my first day, really. I can already see the results today in my new approach. I actually spent probably three hours in front of the computer, but I got the fund-raising letter written, called the appropriate agencies, researched treatments and agencies here in the Netherlands and can say that it was a very productive three hours. And, here I am blogging. So far so good. I did get off the computer yesterday at around 8:15 pm, after I finished writing the last post. I admit it was hard to go to bed without checking my mail or sitting down at the computer, which usually ends up in another 20- 60 min of my time sucked away. Instead of using the computer I went downstairs, made the menu plans for this coming week which surprisingly took an hour, because I had to come up with two plans as I'm doing a special diet right now in preparation for my Thanksgain-a-ton. Aaron and I held a real face to face conversation with some talking involved and then I went to bed earlier than usual and got a decent amount of sleep. Me likey!

I was going to give you an update on us here, but as I started writing, Micah demanded a bedtime story. Clouds on my computer horizon! I came upstairs today to use the computer while Aaron puts the kids to bed, at around 6:30 pm. Usually I stay downstairs so he gets to spend time with them. He typically leaves home at around 7:30 am and comes back between 5-5:20 pm which gives him just a bit less than two hours a day with the kids. Now, that I come upstairs though, the kids want me to read stories, sing, and do bath time. Not so ideal. I'll see what I can do about that. So update will have to wait until tomorrow. Now, one more

OK. It's 7:17 pm and I'm starting to feel antsy. What on earth am I going to do with myself after turning off the computer, and how am going to refrain from just nibbling out of boredom? Yikes. What did I get myself into?

1 comment:

  1. Pick up a book and read then... it's one of those things you like to do, right?

    By the way, Southern Utah would be an awesome place to live - like St. George or those parts... just imagine hiking in Zion's -

    talk to you later

    ReplyDelete