Who has Micah? And frankly, who ever took him and replaced him with this one, you can keep the old version! I don't know what's gotten into him, and whatever it is, I hope it lasts. Just three days ago he ate nothing but carbs (with the exception of eggs). His standard fare was toast with butter, pancakes, spaghetti, crackers and cereal. Not one single fruit, vegetable or protein in the last 8 months. Then three days ago, I poked him with a carrot and he took it from me, walked off and started chomping on it. Then yesterday at dinner he tried and ate chicken, and the sauce, tried the Spaetzle, even ate some blueberries and some carrot salad. I of course always offer him every kind of food. Usually he didn't even tolerate it on his plate, and threw it over to me with an indignant "No". Then today after shopping Ezra asked for an apple and Micah wanted one too. I thought he would do the usual routine, hold it for two seconds and then chuck it on the floor with another "NO". Instead he ate 3/4 of it. I had to take this picture as proof. At lunch he tried tomatoes and tuna salad??? Awesome!
I do have a suspicion on what brought this change about. He used to drink a lot of juice and we would give him a bottle of milk before nap and bed. We cut all those out, and now he gets only water, and roibos tea before he goes down. I think the milk was bothering his stomach so much he didn't want to eat. And the juice kept him full and messed with his taste buds so that everything started tasting bland. Whatever it was I'm grateful for the current trend.

No comments:
Post a Comment